Transport and logistics
Our specialists from the supply chain management sector identify untapped optimization potential in the transport and logistics sector in collaboration with you
Our analysis of the transport and logistics industry
The German logistics market, comprised of freight forwarder and logistics service providers as well as logistics departments’ services of trade and industry generates revenues of approx. EUR 230 billion with more than 2.5 million people, and is therefore of great importance for the economy. Millions of tons of goods are transported every day in the areas of road freight, rail freight and ocean/waterway freight as well as airfreight traffic. Intensifying competitive pressure in the course of liberalization of the transport sector from foreign providers is increasingly posing challenges for freight forwarding and logistics companies.
However, services of logistics departments from trade and industry, with ever more differentiated demands, are increasingly subject to cost-cutting initiatives which should lead to the realization of substantial savings. Today, logistics experts must bring along profound know-how along the process and supply chains as well as a deep understanding for targeted process optimizations. No matter whether you want to optimize your procurement or your supply chain processes as a freight forwarding and logistics service provider or whether you aim to enhance the quality of your logistics department or cut the costs of your logistics department as an industrial and trading company, you have the right partner with HÖVELER HOLZMANN CONSULTING. We bring along comprehensive expertise in the logistics industry and assure successful project implementation.
Implementation of an international P&L-oriented measurement system for savings in the transport and logistics industry
An international logistics group enlisted the consultants from HÖVELER HOLZMANN CONSULTING to set up a group-wide system for the measurement of procurement savings. This system should be accepted in the own department as well as in the responsible finance and controlling departments of Deutsche Post DHL AG.
Levers for the project’s success:
- Pragmatic and easy-to-understand concept
- Specifying measurement of savings at material group level
- Active involvement of the finance/controlling department right from the start
- Implementation of a structured coordination process with the department in charge of the relevant material groups
- Systematic support by using tailor-made tools
- Individual training of purchasers and controllers with regard to the concept and implementation
Results of the project:
- Concept implemented with IT tool for group-wide measurement of P&L-related savings
- Consistent tracking of procurement initiatives and their effectiveness