Why do you need to optimize your production planning?
Quality of production planning is one of the main drivers for effectiveness and efficiency of production processes, and it therefore has a major impact on, for example, staff deployment time or the inventories along the entire supply chain. In the process, production planning must regularly meet a wide range of objectives like short throughput times, high delivery reliability and low total costs to the greatest extent possible. But in many cases, it can be observed in companies that decisions are taken based on a gut feeling without reliable and comprehensive underlying data. High dependency on individual persons frequently exists in this area at the same time.
Our approaches for improvement in production planning are therefore focused on an optimized planning result, which then leads to improved performance and simultaneously, lower total costs in the factory. Furthermore, processes are systematized, set up more transparently and comprehensively backed by data.
How do you benefit from optimized production planning?
- Higher customer satisfaction and more security: Improved supply capability and on-time delivery, combined with short throughput times, lead to tremendously enhanced customer satisfaction
- Higher liquidity: As a result of higher planning stability, safety stocks and throughput times can be reduced, which enables capital tied up until now to be unlocked.
- Greater flexibility: Shorter throughput times allow you to respond more flexibly to changes on short notice for customer orders
- Upturn in profit: Significant savings for process costs, in cost of sales, too, are usually the result of our optimized production planning. Prevention of waiting periods and scrap/waste also lead to more efficient handling of resources.
How do we optimize your production planning?
We take a three-step approach when optimizing production planning:
- Potential analysis: To quantify potential, benchmarking against best practices is especially suitable in step one. Alongside meaningful key figures, it is also recommendable to include qualitative criteria and process comparisons based on the "stages of excellence" in supply chain management. Depending on the stage of the existing production planning’s development, we first conduct a data analysis in this phase.
- Designing a catalog of measures: Following the analysis and evaluation of the actual situation, we define appropriate corrective measures together with those in charge to bring about the intended target situation. These measures are then prioritized, therefore constituting the implementation plan for the achievement of defined objectives.
- Implementation: The defined implementation plan will be pursued hand in hand with the staff and departments responsible for production planning. This ensures global understanding in your company and the necessary degree of buy-in for the innovations in order to leverage potential for improvement on a sustainable basis.
We’d be glad to give you names of references who will convince you of the way we work.
HÖVELER HOLZMANN CONSULTING GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0) 211 - 56 38 75 - 0
Fax: +49 (0) 211 - 56 38 75 - 69
Ihr direkter Draht zu uns: